Welcome!

Terve! Welcome to the continuation of my life in Finland and other parts of the world. My master's lead me on all sorts of unforeseen adventures...hopefully this next degree (it's true) does too!

Friday 5 August 2011

T-2 Days

So...Here goes!!!

This is a trial run to try and get this whole "blog" idea up and running prior to setting out.  I know Emily had this intention a long time ago, but it seemed like a great idea, so I want to try.  Let's see how this goes...

It's Friday. August 5.  Today I climbed Mt. Outram with Stine; a fantastic change from what I have been doing over the past few weeks and months.  Health insurance, study permits, scholarships, essays, study plans...AND...hectic road trips across the province: East, West, North, and South.  I seem to have covered everything from Saltspring Island to Ft. St. James to Canmore to Bella Coola in the past month or so.  And the travelling continues.

Sunday morning I will meet with fellow classmates in this program at UBC, Vancouver and we embark on a 3-week forestry field tour.  We will spend one week in each BC, Alberta, and New Brunswick.  From there, on August 27, we all go our separate ways to various European educational institutions.  The Master's program we are all participating in is called TransFor-M (Trans Atlantic Forestry Masters).  It involves 2 years of study: one year at a European university and a second year at a Canadian University. I will be spending my first year at the University of Eastern Finland in Joensuu, Finland; my second year will be spent at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada.

I look forward to using this blog to post photos and stories of my experiences...I'll do my best to keep family and friends "in the loop!"  That's it for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete